A few of my work values:
- Giving dignity to people
- Gracious honesty with others
- Not being one up or one down with people I counsel
- Creating meaningful interactions
- Celebrating people
- Hearing each person’s story
My own journey with being counseled and coached. Over the years, I’ve had many courageous people in my life show me my blind-spots and listen to my struggles. This was not only loving, but helped me grow as a friend, co-worker, and wife. I have had the opportunity to be personally and professionally developed by humble leaders starting in college and into my adult years. Much of who I am today is because of their investment in my growth and helping me become a better version of myself. I am still a work in progress.
How do I know what I know about counseling?
- Masters of Arts in Counseling | Cairn University, 2005
- Marriage & Family Counseling Certificate | Cairn University, 2005
- Professional Counseling Certificate | Cairn University, 2012
- Leadership Development Director, Cru Intl, 2005-2011
- Clarion Consulting | Personal and Team Development Consultant, 2005-present
- Myers-Briggs Type Indicator Professional Practitioner, 2005-present
- 21 years of experience working with young adult professional women in various capacities
I am a Christian Counselor and Life Coach who believes that we need Christ to bring about lasting heart and life change. My husband and I attend Woodside Bible Church in Troy, MI. With all of that said, I am comfortable and confident to counsel and coach people from various faith traditions or no faith tradition. I will not impose Christianity upon you, but if you have questions regarding how God plays a part in your healing and life direction, I’d be happy to talk about it with you.
A few of my favorite career moments:
- Worked with a woman who was a compulsive liar. She soon became a truth teller.
- Watched as an anxious woman I counseled gained control of her eating and ventured into the dating world.
- A young mom I meet with took an airplane ride after years of having anxiety over flying.
- A chronically ill woman I coached realized her giftedness and is thriving with new friendships.
- A young adult client struggling with social anxiety is going on interviews and in a dating relationship for the first time.
Counseling and coaching should be professional, but not be 100% serious. So we will laugh together, but we will also actively pursue measurable behavior change. This can happen through tasks, heart reflections, reorienting our thoughts, feedback, etc. While I offer structure to my counseling and coaching, I don’t have a one-size fits all model. You and your story are unique. My goal is for you to experience deep transformation so you don’t find yourself in the same place again.
A few more tidbits. Before moving to Michigan I lived in Philadelphia for 20 years. HGTV’s ‘Fixer Upper’ show makes me smile. Peanut butter should be its own food group.
Thanks for reading,
To connect, call 248.218.1868, or email me.
My office is located in Shelby Township, and near Rochester Hills.